Copywriter, Journalist, Author, Storyteller
Conceptrice-Rédactrice, Journaliste, Auteure, Romancière
Bilingual English and French
I’m a copywriter, Young Adult novelist and nonfiction author, as well as a freelance journalist, blogger, and transcreator (creative translator).
I also write TV pilots, essays, tweets, satire pieces, grocery lists, and imaginary Oscar acceptance speeches.
I write in French and English, mostly because I can, and also because "impossible" is the same word in both languages. J’écris en français et en anglais parce que je le peux, mais aussi parce que “impossible” se dit pareil dans les deux langues. See, I just did it.
More seriously, I just love words. All the words. In all the languages. Especially the funny-looking ones like "discombobulate," "albeit," or "pamplemousse" (which is French for grapefruit). I like playing with them, learning them, mashing them up, juggling them, showing them who's boss, and putting them together all nice and pretty. Or all rough and edgy, if that's your thing. Whatever it takes to tell the most exciting story, create the sharpest voice, or convey an idea in the most powerful way.
Born and raised in France, I’ve spent the last 14 years living around the world, first in Amsterdam, then in Melbourne, and I’ve now been in New York City since 2011. I have permanent work permits on three continents (including a green card), which will come really handy the day I learn teleportation.
A few career highlights:
- I’ve published 17 books with Fleurus Éditions, a large publisher in France. My YA novel series, Journal de Los Angeles, has sold tens of thousands of copies and is being released in paperback in summer 2018. My nonfiction books about fashion, beauty, and general wellness for teen girls have been translated into Russian, Czech, Italian, Portuguese, and Hungarian.
- I’m currently under contract to write a YA novel for a US publisher. (More details to come.)
- My one-hour TV pilot Fashion High was a semifinalist in the Austin Film Festival Screenplay Competition.
- My first writing job was as a freelance journalist covering cultural events for a local newspaper while I was in college (or university, as my people call it). To this day, I still get just as excited about seeing things I wrote out in the world as I did the first time my name appearead on a byline.
- My writing has appeared in Womens Health Mag, Refinery 29, Yahoo Style, Yahoo Travel, and several other print and digital publications in both French and English.
- I work as a copywriter for clients in the fashion and travel industries, including Chandelier Creative and Atelier Doré. I can come up with 27 captions about bikinis in under a minute. More if I can get a discount on said bikinis.
- My first career was in advertising in Amsterdam and Melbourne. I managed accounts in consumer electronics, fashion and FMCG and worked for Strawberry Frog, Badjar Ogilvy, and other well-known international advertising agencies. For more on the advertising industry, I recommend watching a documentary called Mad Men.
- NY Mag called me a trendsetter for the dorkiest reason.
My complete resume is available on request (and on LinkedIn).
One day I will translate this website into French. Today is not that day.